Submit Your Work
To be eligible to submit to BRINK:
- Must identify as a woman.
- Must currently reside in the Midwest. (IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, SD, WI)
- Submissions must be made through Submittable between September 1, 2022 and November 30, 2022 at 11:59PM.
- Applicants must be available for the workshop period and BRINK New Play Festival (starting August 28, 2023 through September 10, 2023). Specific dates to be announced.
Only one submission per playwright, per year to the Residency.
Feedback is offered to the finalists and winners of the Residency program.
Submissions not meeting the requested criteria or any full unsolicited scripts will not be reviewed.
The BRINK resident playwrights spend a week with a director, cast, and dramaturg workshopping their play. The plays are then presented as staged-readings for the public at the BRINK New Play Festival.
Submissions for 2023 Br!NK will be accepted September 1 - November 30, 2022 until 11:59 PM, CST. Submissions are made through Submittable.
Please submit the following documents through Submittable:
- Questionnaire (In Submittable)
- PDF UPLOAD: A one-page Cover Letter addressing what you would like to work on in the development series.
- PDF UPLOAD: A one-page Playwriting Resume.
- PDF UPLOAD: The Full Script including:
- A title page that contains the PLAY TITLE, PLAYWRIGHT'S NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, & EMAIL ADDRESS.
- A second page that contains the CAST OF CHARACTERS (including any doubling), TIME, & PLACE, followed by the SCRIPT.
PLEASE NOTE: The playwright’s name should only appear on the cover page and NOWHERE else in the document.
2023 BRINK Residency
September 1, 2022 - November 30, 2022.
Not currently accepting submission
Submissions for the BRINK Briefs have been temporarily suspended. We hope to bring this programming back soon.