Submit Your Work
To be eligible to submit to Br!NK:
- Must identify as a womxn.
- Must currently reside in the Midwest. (IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, SD, WI)
- Submissions must be made through Submittable between August 15 and November 30, 2020 at 11:59PM.
- RESIDENT SUBMISSIONS ONLY: Applicant must be available for the workshop period and Br!NK Festival (starting late August 2021 through early September 2021). Specific dates to be announced.
Only one submission per playwright, per year to the Residency – additional submissions may be made separately to the Br!NK Br!efs for each prompt. Only one submission per opportunity per Playwright.
Feedback is offered to the finalists and winners of the Residency program; We will be unable to give comments or feedback on any Br!NK Br!efs.
Submissions not meeting the requested criteria or any full unsolicited scripts will not be reviewed.
The Br!NK resident playwrights spend a week with a director, cast, and dramaturg workshopping their play. The plays are then presented as staged-readings for the public at the Br!NK New Play Festival.
Submissions for 2021 Br!NK accepted August 15 - November 30, 2020 until 11:59 PM, CST
Submission for the Resident Plays are made through Submittable.
Please submit the following documents through Submittable:
• Questionnaire (In Submittable)
• PDF UPLOAD: A one-page Cover Letter addressing what you would like to work on in the development series.
• PDF UPLOAD: A one-page Playwriting Resume.
• PDF UPLOAD: The Full Script including:
- A title page that contains the PLAY TITLE, PLAYWRIGHT'S NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, & EMAIL ADDRESS.
- A second page that contains the CAST OF CHARACTERS (including any doubling), TIME, & PLACE, followed by the SCRIPT.
PLEASE NOTE: The playwright’s name should only appear on the cover page and NOWHERE else in the document.
Br!NK Br!efs are a collection of 10-minute plays that are fully-staged and presented as part of the Br!NK New Play Festival.
Br!NK Br!efs submissions will not be accepted during the 2020-2021 season due to COVID-19.
There are three rounds of submissions for Br!NK Br!efs.
2021 Br!Nk Residency
Open August 15 - October 31, 2020
2021 Br!Nk Br!efs
Submissions not accepted
due to COVID-19