Br!NK is Moving!
The dates for the 2023 Br!NK Festival will be moved from the Fall of 2023 to the Spring of 2024.
Dates for the next Br!NK Festival: May 18 & 19, 2024
Next Submission window for Br!NK 2025: July 1, 2024 - July 31 2024
We want to hear from you!
Do you live in one of these States?
Are you an experienced or aspiring woman playwright from the Midwest looking to develop your play? We want to hear from you! Submit your full length script for the week-long BRINK Playwright Residency.
Submit Your Work
To be eligible to submit to BRINK:
- Must identify as a woman.
- Must currently reside in the Midwest. (IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, SD, WI)
- Submissions must be made through Submittable between May 1, 2024 and July 21, 2024 at 11:59PM.
- Applicants must be available for the workshop period and BRINK New Play Festival (May 2025 - dates TBD). Specific dates to be announced.
Only one submission per playwright, per year to the Residency.
Feedback is offered to the finalists and winners of the Residency program.
Submissions not meeting the requested criteria or any full unsolicited scripts will not be reviewed.
The BRINK resident playwrights spend a week with a director, cast, and dramaturg workshopping their play. The plays are then presented as staged-readings for the public at the BRINK New Play Festival.
Submissions for 2025 Br!NK will be accepted May 1 - July 31, 2024 until 11:59 PM, CST. Submissions are made through Submittable.
Please submit the following documents through Submittable:
- Questionnaire (In Submittable)
- PDF UPLOAD: A one-page Cover Letter addressing what you would like to work on in the development series.
- PDF UPLOAD: A one-page Playwriting Resume.
- PDF UPLOAD: The Full Script including:
- A title page that contains the PLAY TITLE, PLAYWRIGHT'S NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, & EMAIL ADDRESS.
- A second page that contains the CAST OF CHARACTERS (including any doubling), TIME, & PLACE, followed by the SCRIPT.
PLEASE NOTE: The playwright’s name should only appear on the cover page and NOWHERE else in the document.
2025 Br!NK Residency
May 1, 2024 - July 31, 2024.
Not currently accepting submission
Submissions for the BRINK Briefs have been temporarily suspended. We hope to bring this programming back soon.